Wesley Hyperbaric treats medical conditions approved by The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) and supported by first class formal research.
The UHMS is an international, non-profit organisation composed of physicians and hyperbaric and diving specialists. The Associates of the UHMS are allied health professionals, hyperbaric technologists, nurses, respiratory therapists, divers, diving technologists and technical specialists who work in the field of hyperbaric medicine and diving.
These are the conditions treated with Hyperbaric oxygen therapy:
- Selected non-healing wounds
- Delayed radiation injury to soft tissue and bones
- Clostridial myositis and myonecrosis
- Necrotizing soft tissue infection
- Arterial gas embolism
- Thermal burns
- Refractory osteomyelitis
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Intracranial abscess
- Crush injury and other acute traumatic ischaemias
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss
- Central retinal artery occlusion
Please note that many of these conditions are covered by Medicare and/or your health fund. Please contact our reception staff on 07 3371 6033 to see if your condition is covered. While some of these treatments are not covered by Medicare they are all covered by various health funds. Patients should check with their insurer as to whether their condition is covered by their particular health fund.
Learn more about hyperbaric oxygen therapy and our case studies.