Wesley Hyperbaric opened in 1998 and is the first and largest fully accredited day hospital providing a comprehensive hyperbaric facility in Australia.
Hyperbaric chamber Brisbane
We are centrally located at the Wesley Hospital in Auchenflower
Wesley Hyperbaric is the first and largest fully accredited day hospital providing a comprehensive hyperbaric facility in Australia. We have hyperbaric-trained doctors and nursing staff in attendance at all times and this sets us apart from mild HBOT centres.
Our multiplace hyperbaric chamber can treat up to 8 patients at a time and additional compartments are used for emergencies and to facilitate our clinical research trials.
We also provide comprehensive and quality care for all acute and chronic wounds at our Advanced Wound Clinic.
Wesley Hyperbaric is located on the ground floor of the Sandford Jackson Building of the Wesley Hospital in Auchenflower.
Meet Team Wesley
Dr Susannah Sherlock
Medical Director (B Sc MBBS FANZCA Dip DHM Dip Adv DHM)
Specialist anaesthetist since 1998, a hyperbaric physician since 2005, and commenced as a VMO at Wesley Hyperbaric in 2021.
Susannah has worked at four hyperbaric units across Australia (Alfred Hospital, Royal Hobart Hospital, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and Wesley Hyperbaric).
Susannah has a keen interest in research collaborations and has worked with several Hyperbaric units nationally and internationally. Susannah has an academic appointment with the University of Queensland. Her areas of interest are hyperbaric for Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss, Radiation Injuries and Long Covid.
- S Sherlock Hyperbaric Protocols for Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss. . J Int Adv Otol. 2021 Nov;17(6):584-585. doi: 10.5152/iao.2021.21430.
- S Sherlock, M Bennett.S Kelly (Full paper) Influence of UHMS guidelines on management of ISSHL in Australia and New Zealand. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine 2021 Mar 31;51(1):68-71. doi: 10.28920/dhm51.1.68-71.
- S Sherlock, M Bennett.S Kelly (Abstract) Influence of UHMS guidelines on management of ISSHL in Australia and New Zealand Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine Journal Accepted Feb 2020 , published June 2020.
- S Sherlock, M Way, A Tabah. Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment for the management of radiation induced xerostomia. J Med Imaging and Radiation Oncology. 2018 Dec;62(6):841-846. doi: 10.1111/1754-9485.12789. Epub 2018 Aug 16.
- S Sherlock, C Jack Sudden sensorineural hearing loss in the Department of Defence (Letter to editor) Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018 Nov;159(5):941. doi: 10.1177/0194599818785161
- S Sherlock, M Way, A Tabah Audit of Practice in Australasian hyperbaric units on the incidence of central nervous system oxygen toxicity. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine 2018 Jun 30;48(2):73-78. doi: 10.28920/dhm48.2.73-78.
- S Sherlock The EUBS Consensus Conference and levels of evidence. (Letter to the Editor). Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine 2017 Jun;47(2):133.
- S Sherlock K Thistlethwaite, M Khatun, C Perry, A Tabah. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy in the treatment of sudden sensorineural hearing loss: a retrospective analysis of outcomes. Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. 2016 Sep;46(3):160-165.
- S Sherlock. Inappropriate Care in Medicine. Medical Journal of Australia 2016 Feb 1;204(2):70.
- S Sherlock Re Lack of Effectiveness of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers and the Prevention of Amputation (letter). Diabetes Care. 2013 Aug;36(8):e130. doi: 10.2337/dc13-0607.
- S Sherlock Control Groups in Hyperbaric Trials.(Letter) Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine. Sept 2012:43:183.
- S Sherlock The future of paramedic intubation: is it past? Journal of Paramedic Practice Oct 2010.
- S Sherlock Rapid sequence airway not rapid sequence intubation. Journal of Paramedic Practice Nov 2010.
- S Sherlock A Novel Approach to Pre Hospital Intubation. Letter. Anaesthesia and Analgesia. 2010 May;110 (5):1509
- S Sherlock Paradoxical gas embolism during hysteroscopy. (letter) Br. J. Anaesthesia, Nov 2008;101:742-743.
- S. Sherlock, W. Shearer, M. Buist Carbon dioxide embolism during hysteroscopy; a case study . Anaesthesia and Intensive Care1998; 26:674-676.
- S Sherlock co authored with Dr Emily Perry (ENT surgeon) for Wesley Hyperbaric. Published online in 2022. Hyperbaric oxygen in Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural hearing loss. https://www.wesleyhyperbaric.com.au/hbot-education/
Dr Tobias Trinks
Visiting Medical Officer (MD, FANZCA, Dip DHM (SPUMS))
Tobias completed his training in Friedrich-Alexander University in Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany in 2004. We consider Tobi one of Germany’s finest exports who is now working at Logan Hospital as an anaesthetist after completing his FANZCA in 2014.
Tobias completed the RAN Medical Officers’ Underwater Medicine Course and the Medical Support of Offshore and Saturation Diving Course before receiving his Diploma in Hyperbaric Medicine in 2016. Tobi has been working at the Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital Hyperbaric Unit as a VMO and joined Team Wesley in 2016.
Outside of medicine, Keyoren likes to spend his time diving, sailing and travelling.